Balega’s Blister Resist Crew perfectly blends nature and technology to create the best anti-blister crew running socks.
- Provides extra protection and comfort with extended cushioned crew sock heel
- Keeps out grit and grime, adds additional security and comfort, prevents pressure marks, and aids free movement with enhanced elastic grip construction in crew sock rib top
- Eliminates the risk of sheer friction blisters
- Keeps feet cool and dry with ideal combination of mohair and our signature Drynamix ® moisture wicking fibers, plus specially constructed, reinforced microfiber mesh ventilation panels
- Maximizes comfort with hand-linked seamless toe, enhanced and wide arch support band
- Provides additional no-slip security with enhanced elastic grip construction
Creating the perfect anti-blister running socks requires the perfect blend between nature and technology.
Natural mohair with its unique flat scale structure is renowned for its protection against sheer friction blisters even with the most sensitive skin.
It also boasts incredible tensile strength and, when combined with our signature Drynamix ® moisture wicking fiber provides a super-soft touch to the skin. Balega’s Blister Resist anti-blister running socks integrates seamless constructed fit technology knitted with the revolutionary Dry-Mo for the ultimate protection against sheer friction blisters.
Why use mohair in anti-blister performance running socks?
- GREAT INSULATION CAPACITY - Mohair’s hollow fiber structure allows for superior temperature regulation; keeping you cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter.
- DURABILITY - Mohair is one of the most durable natural performance fibers and can be twisted or bent without damaging the fiber.
- COMFORT - With its unique scale structure, the smooth fibers and natural sheen greatly reduce irritation on the skin even for wearers who are sensitive to other wools. Mohair is a trusted fiber for diabetics.
- STRENGTH - Mohair is stronger than steel of the same diameter.
- SHRINK RESISTANT - Mohair fibers do not felt and are much more resistant to shrinking than wool.
- ELASTICITY - Mohair can stretch an average of 30% over its length and will recoil back into shape. Because of the fiber’s natural elasticity, garments made of mohair resist wrinkling, stretching or sagging.
- MOISTURE MANAGEMENT - Combined with Balega’s trademark Drynamix ® , mohair is twisted to create DRY-MO. A unique moisture management solution that creates the ultimate anti blister, moisture-wicking performance running sock and that ensures dry feet.
- ANTIMICROBIAL - Mohair will naturally prevent the growth of bacteria making it an excellent fiber to make something like SOCKS!
South African Mohair is acknowledged throughout the world as one of the finest natural fibers known to man. The added benefit of this “diamond fiber” is that it is a natural and renewable resource. Nelson Mandela Bay, in South Africa, is the unofficial capital of the global mohair industry, leading the market with 58% of the world’s production.